1. Turn ceiling fans off or to a slower speed.
2. Position the computer monitor at eye level or below.
3. Take 5- to 10- minute break per hour from computer and electronic devices.
4. Re-direct fans and A/C vents away from the face.
5. Consider intra-nasal steroid sprays as an alternative to systemic antihistamines for the treatment of allergic sinusitis.
6. Increase ambient humidity at home or work with a humidifier.
7. Reduce contact lens wearing time or switch to more frequent replacement.
8. Get enough sleep.
If you have been diagnosed with dry eyes or just feel that your eyes feel strained while performing near visual tasks, please give the above environmental modifications a try. If one or more of the above modifications reduce your dry eye symptoms, please comment below. Thank you.